Jobs, Career and Employment Information
Caruthersville Public Library offers “Job Center at the Library” on the last Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 noon, when a representative from the Career Center in Kennett is on site, helping prospective applicants register for their service and apply for jobs. During these sessions, copies and faxes are free of charge to all job applicants.
High School Equivalency Courses and Training Adult Online Learning
LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.
Targeted Learning Centers Include
- College admissions and placement exams (ACT, SAT, AP, and TOEFL)
- Academic skills-improvement for 4th grade skills-level through college (reading, writing, math, science)
- Graduate School Admissions exams (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT and MCAT)
- Adult learning (reading, writing, math, science and more)
- High school equivalency (GED, HiSET, and TASC) test prep
- U.S. citizenship test prep in English and Spanish
- Spanish content available for the GED test and academic skills improvement
- Career occupational certification exam prep
- Easy-to-use website navigation
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Guidance pages and personalized learning roadmap
- Individualized study plans
- Secure personal portfolio
- Timed and untimed practice tests
- Instant test and essay scoring
- Detailed answer explanations
- Downloadable e-books
- Unlimited remote access
- Add-on centers available for Computer Skills and Job & Career
Tutorials, Practice Tests and More
This flagship LearningExpress product is comprised of a comprehensive selection of interactive online tutorials, practice tests, articles, e-books, and high-stakes test preparation — modeled after official tests. LearningExpress Library is designed to help students and professionals at all levels of learning achieve their educational and career-related goals.
Patrons will need to create an account at the library and can then use that account for access from anywhere.