TumbleBooks Library of Read-along books, audios and videos, puzzles and games is available to patrons of our library. Thanks to the generosity of MO State Library for young children, we are able to provide this service. The TumbleBooks Library is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books and Tumble Puzzles & Games. TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books which we have licensed from children’s book publishers and converted to the TumbleBook format.
Patrons can access TumbleBooks via any reading device that has an internet connection (for example: colour nook, kindle fire, Ipads & Ipod touch users), our site should automatically redirect you to “TumbleBookLibrary: For iPads and Mobile Devices”. If not, please click on the drop down menu at the top right corner and choose “Mobile” then “Go”.
Navigating the Site
TumbleBook Library: eBooks for eKids
You may want to explore the site by checking out all the books, games and features. Our catalogue has book descriptions, book reviews, and author/illustrator/publisher information. You can view a TumbleBook by clicking on the ‘View Online” button or on the cover of the book. There are a number ways you can access a book:
- The index page lists all the TumbleBooks. Click on the title (hyperlink) and you will be taken right to that TumbleBook.
- Scroll through the collection in any of the sections to read the descriptions and view the reading levels.
- MyFavorites: Add your favorite title(s) to the My Favorites section for easy access any time. This feature is cookied onto individual computers.
- MyCloud: This feature allows teachers to create secondary accounts and create customized playlists that can be access from any computer!
- TumbleSearch: Our online search allows you to search by title, author, publisher, language, keyword and reading level.
- Automatic/Manual Button: TumbleBooks are designed to be experienced in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode, the pages turn by themselves and are narrated; in manual mode, the readers turn the pages at their own speed.
- Reading Levels: Each title has recommended reading levels: Grade, Lexile and Accelerated Reader information. Click on the reading level to see other books at the same level.
- TumbleGames: The TumblePuzzles and TumbleGames are great educational tools.
- TumblePlayer: The TumblePlayer allows librarians and patrons to preload a number of TumbleBooks in an online player in order to be played one after another. Perfect for library story time. The TumblePlayer works just like an online music player.
- Language Learning: Our Language Learning section has a growing collection of books in Spanish and French.
- Navigate en Español/ en Français: Our drop down menu on the top right hand corner of the site allows you to view the entire site in Spanish or French.
Caruthersville Public Library has a number of EBSCO databases with a multitude of information on just about any subject you are looking for.
Check out these links to access the databases – they are available for your use as a patron of our library 24/7.
HeritageQuest® Online is a comprehensive database of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s.
(Contact us for a Username and password to go even deeper into the information the database provides.)
LearningExpress Library is designed to help people succeed on the tests they must pass to gain citizenship, improve their testing skills or to further their education or career. Over 300 online academic and licensing practice tests including SAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT, Advanced Placement, civil service, military, real estate, law enforcement, citizenship, TOEFL, ESL and basic skills for elementary, middle and high school skills improvement and much more. Test preparation materials span ages from elementary through adult. This testing resource also provides instant scoring and customized feedback.
ABCMouse for Preschoolers (In library only for free service) www.ABCmouse.com/library_account
Professional Development for Educators
Tutorials explaining the different informational services that will be useful to teachers and their students, with tips on how to best use them. Click HERE
Teacher Resources, including thematic units and lesson plans, science experiments, and Missouri Learning maps with content in LearningExpress Library mapped to Missouri Grade Level expectations. Annenberg Media is also found here and it provides free videos, streaming media, and access to professional development materials for educators.
Don’t forget the Teacher Reference Center, where educators can find full-text articles from research journals and publications to enhance professional development.
Academic Search Elite
Professional Development Collection
HandyCrafters and DIY information – free quilt patterns!
Not only is our new website easier to navigate so you can find your favorite AccuQuilt tools, we are still offering all of our free online patterns and resources. You can still instantly download more than 700 quilt patterns! Unlike other companies, we DO NOT require any credit card information when you are setting up your online account and we DO NOT sell your personal information to third parties. The account is to simply ensure you stay up-to-date on the latest quilting trends and have access to free quilting patterns.
Help with AR and other reading resources
Book Collection Nonfiction: Elementary Edition
Book Collection Nonfiction: Middle School Edition
Book Collection Nonfiction: High School Edition
Consumer Advice Reports
Consumer Health Complete
Medical Research and Information
Research Sources for Students
Science Reference Center
Middle Search Plus
Student Research Center
Funk & Wagnalls
Mas Ultra – school edition